TINTERN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the meeting of Tintern Community Council held on Monday 24th November 2008 at 7.00 pm at Tintern Village Hall.

Present: Chairman Cllr Mrs. Shewell, Cllrs Mrs. Saunders, Mrs. Floyd, Hayward, Hoskins, Williams, Smith, Francis, County Cllr Mrs. Webb, Mrs. Greatorex-Davies (Clerk) and Sue Middleton from HLF.

602. Public Forum: No members of public present.

603. Police Report: PC Cowburn was unable to attend but sent his report.

604. Apologies: None all present.

605. Declarations of Interest: Cllr Hayward re Fryers Wharf.

606. Minutes of last meeting approved and signed.

607. Progress on HLF: Sue Middleton gave a presentation on the HLF Scheme which started in June 2008 and will continue for 3 years. She reported that TCC had agreed to contribute 7,500 in total over 3 instalments, first of which now due. Cllrs Shewell and Floyd expressed concerns about the creation of the proposed car parking area at Old Sawmills site. They thought the money TCC promised was to go towards the car park only and not towards other Tintern projects. It was agreed to hold an extraordinary meeting before payment is made. Cllr Shewell asked when the mill wheel will be back in place and was told February/March 2009.

608. Planning applications: Briar Bank, Botany Bay. Coach House, Chapel Lane.

Both recommended approval.

Barbadoes Meadow Driveway refusal recommended.

609. Approval of Accounts for payment.

610. Financial Report.

611. Updates from previous meetings: Allotments readvertise January.

Green Shed Fryers Wharf Cllr Francis met Rev Hill on site and has another meeting.

Sustrans Representative on committee Cllr Francis attended meeting.

Glyn Lane Cllr Saunders met Steve Lane, MCC on site and he hopes potholes will be filled in by Xmas 2008.

Notice-board in Abbey Car Park Clerk to write to Mark Lloyd for clarification.

612. Receive reports from representatives on outside bodies:-

Village Hall Cllr Floyd stated that the Hall Committee need assistance from the TCC re grants, etc. The showers and heating are not working and they had asked for assistance towards the disabled access and resurfacing of car park but quotes to date had proved too expensive. Adam Parker was asked to attend the next meeting to explain the position re CEDS grant.

Llandogo School Letter from MCC re additional community governor. Cllr Francis offered to take up the post.

Friends of Tintern Cllr Hoskins reported Xmas Bazaar went well and raised 750.

Tintern Business Forum Cllr Francis reported next meeting on 26Nov.

Survey 2006 Cllr Floyd reported no members of sub-committee had attended her meetings. Cllrs Hoskins and Williams unsure who owns ground opposite Rose & Crown when they came to dig the holes to erect the signs. Cllr Williams said TCC own piece of ground by bus stop on promenade by river and proposed putting board up there.

Fryers Wharf Cllr Francis attended meeting. Also meeting with Welsh Water to discuss plans for pumping station. Next meeting 14th Jan.

613. Contribution to Village Hall towards resurfacing car park Cllr Saunders had been unable to find reference in old minutes. Clerk asking Adam Parker to attend next meeting.

614. Repair of Trellech Road: Cllr Shewell been asked by Debbie Wilson when work was to be done. Clerk to contact MCC and ask.

615. Whitelye Lane: Complaint sent in re condition. Clerk to write to MCC.

616. The Boot: already moved.

617. Correspondence.

618. AOB: Bins on forestry access road above Cherry Tree.

619. Date next meeting: Monday 5th January 2009.