Monmouthshire County Council – Highways Department
Accident Remedial Work at Dead man’s Corner
Monmouthshire County Council have employed
highway consultants Capita Symonds to produce a plan which it is believed will
reduce the number of accidents on the A466 at Dead Man’s Corner.
On the southern side of the bend;
- ‘Slow – Araf’ markings on the carriageway approaching Tintern at
about 250 metres from bend.
- Bend Warning sign with distance indication at about 250 metres from
- Another ‘Slow – Araf’ marking
on the carriageway approaching Tintern at about 50 metres from bend.
On the Tintern side of the Bend;
- ‘Slow – Araf’ markings on
the carriageway leaving Tintern at the same point as the existing bend
At the Bend;
- Six additional chevron boards mounted on top of existing assemblies
using extender posts.
- Carriageway to be retextured. Retexturing is a mechanical
process using machinery that physically retextures the surface to increase
the skid resistance of the surface. Alternatively an anti skid surface that
may offer enhanced skid resistance may be used.
Roger Hopson – Clerk to Tintern Community Council